Researching phobias for one of my characters (Atomosophobia- Fear of atomic explosions) I couldn’t believe the long list of fears. Here are some that struck a chord:
1. Automatonophobia – Fear of ventriloquist’s dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues – anything that falsely represents a sentient being.
I understand this phobia – dolls and dummies are equally creepy – but Almost Human is my New Favorite Television Show, featuring sexy robot Dorian (acted by Michael Ealy). Phobia cured.
2. Apeirophobia- Fear of infinity. I’m not afraid of infinity. It just blows my mind.
3. Chronophobia- Fear of time. This reminds me of one of my favorite Snow Patrol songs/lyrics (Gary Lightbody is not afraid of time):
4. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words. Believe it or not, there’s a song about it (melophobia is the fear of music):
5. Blennophobia- Fear of slime.